Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Watching the Earth Rise with Preston Hardwick

Preston Hardwick is a musical jack-of-all-trades. Originally from Shreveport, Louisiana, the 22 year old has dabbled in choir, bluegrass, music production and promotion and most recently began DJing electronic music. He’s currently working on an album of “ambient techno mixed with old school Jungle and new school Juke” under the name 7LOVE. The former Booked Promotions audio engineer and promotional assistant is currently enjoying the summer by performing whenever possible.

“My introduction to music was through the Nebraska Childrens Choir, which I was a part of until high school. My parents even played music to me when I was in utero. I know, it’s weird, my parents are weird, but it contributed to who I am. I started playing my first guitar at 13 or 14, but I’m still not very good. I started out as a singer/songwriter for a couple bands back in high school, but then I got bored of that and joined a bluegrass band in the panhandle called Pinchbottle. We still talk now and then.” After moving to Orlando with his on-and-off girlfriend of 10 years, he now attends Valencia College, where he’s pursuing a double major in music technology and audio engineering. Hardwick sees himself as being a part of music for life, although not necessarily as a career musician. “I try to have no expectations. All my music is pretty personal and I let it take on a life of its own. I currently DJ electronic music and am interested in electrical engineering and in music post-production. Growing up, my home life was really rocky and we moved around a lot, so music was and still is my only escape. It’s like meditation to me.”

Recommended songs: Garbage Floor, Watching the Earth Rise and Jefferson Street

http://www.facebook.com/PrestonHardwick?fref=ts
https://soundcloud.com/preston-hardwick

No comments:

Post a Comment